If you don’t want to enter your rats into varieties or pets, you are more than welcome to bring them along for a fun day out! Please just make sure you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Shoulder rats must be booked in with the show secretary prior to the show. In the case of visitors to the show who are not exhibiting up to two shoulder rats may be booked in on arrival at the show for one show only. The guidelines will then be explained to the visitor and shoulder rats must be pre-booked for attendance at any further YRC shows.
- Carriers, or similar containers, must be provided for these rats and a source of food and moisture available at all times.
- No shoulder rats will be allowed on the stage area, in the kitchen or within 2 metres of the serving hatch or within 1 metre of the judging areas for varieties, pets and agility.
- Rats of opposite sexes must not free range or be in bags, pouches or carriers etc. together at any time.
- The practice of mixing rats from more than one household – whether being held, ‘free ranging’ or in bags, pouches or carriers etc. is strongly discouraged by the club.
- The passing of rats from person to person is at the sole risk of the parties involved.
- Hand cleansing gel and/or washing facilities are available at all YRC shows and should be used frequently and particularly after handling rats.
- The responsibility of cleaning up any excreta, spilt food or bedding remains with the owner of the rat(s). Wipes and bin bags are provided at all YRC shows.
- Shoulder rats will be subject to the same visual health checks as rats for exhibition should the committee feel these are appropriate.