If you don’t want to enter your rats into varieties or pets, you are more than welcome to bring them along for a fun day out! Please just make sure you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Carriers, or similar containers, must be provided for shoulder rats and a source of food and moisture available at all times.
- No shoulder rats will be allowed in the kitchen or within 2 metres of the serving hatch or within 1 metre of the judging areas for varieties, pets and agility.
- Rats of opposite sexes must not free range or be in bags, pouches or carriers etc. together at any time.
- The practice of mixing rats from more than one household – whether being held, ‘free ranging’ or in bags, pouches or carriers etc. is strongly discouraged by the club.
- The passing of rats from person to person is at the sole risk of the parties involved.
- Hand cleansing gel and/or washing facilities are available at all YRC shows and should be used frequently and particularly after handling rats.
- The responsibility of cleaning up any excreta, spilt food or bedding remains with the owner of the rat(s). Wipes and bin bags are provided at all YRC shows.
- Shoulder rats will be subject to the same visual health checks as rats for exhibition should the committee feel these are appropriate.